All images and text are copyrighted by Andrea Dorn. Please do not "borrow" them without permission

Thursday, January 12, 2012

World's Tiniest Frog

I am intrigued by this frog, the Paedophryne amauensis. Have a look at this article:


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16491477


They have a great picture showing the frog sitting on a dime! I wondered how in the world they found these things but that is explained in the article. I'd love to be the one who found something like this.


My family has always been interested in archeology, probably influenced by my mom's interest in Egyptology. Well, finding new species is a little like archeology, looking for hidden treasures. Kind of like a mystery to solve, too. Once you find something you have to find a way to explain its existence and meaning. That's just so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment