All images and text are copyrighted by Andrea Dorn. Please do not "borrow" them without permission

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Bad experiences


As some of you noticed in last week’s comments, Mulberry Spot has relapsed. Two days after finishing his antibiotic he broke with diarrhea again. So we restarted his antibiotic and will keep him on it for another two weeks.

  Jabberwoky Glitter and Mulberry Spot
I’m writing this while watching Iowa State University Cyclone football. Now, I love cats and I like Cyclone football (only Cyclone football) but I don’t believe the two should be combined. I watched in horror, the video from some football game this week, where a feral cat got trapped inside the coliseum and kept running and running and running, trying to escape. All I could think was, that poor cat. Once he got free of that nightmare and all the adrenaline was gone he had to be exhausted. Cats weren’t meant to run long distances.

Have you ever seen a cat in such a harrowing situation? Have you ever seen your cats just totally exhausted from some experience?

Mewdy Blue and Cyclone colors
One year, I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, my beloved Mewdy Blue escaped my house at night and was gone for almost 24 hours. When he finally showed up again he came inside and collapsed. He must have slept for another 24 hours. He was usually one of those unflappable cats but I guess being outside alone was just too much for him.

I’m a big proponent of keeping cats indoors but in both of these examples the cat is outside due to some unfortunate circumstance. We are joining The Cat on my Head for today's Sunday Selfie.

13 comments:

  1. I do not swell on distressing situations with cats I move on and try to act with hope.

    I am glad you can keep going with the antibiotics, I hope they do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sorry to hear about Mulberry Spots relapse, and pray he gets better very soon. I dont like winds or football of any description, worse still when combined. We feel for anyone caught up in such an upsetting situation, and can only pray
    they got out and have somewhere safe to rest up.
    Purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw that video and felt really bad for the poor cat.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending purrs and prayers your way. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Mulberry Spot. I hope he is better soon. Are you giving him a probiotic ? If not, you should because antibiotics can kill the good gut bacteria. I feel bad for that feral. I believe cats should be indoor for their safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he's on Forti-flora. He loves it so much I doubt I'll ever stop giving it.

      Delete
  6. They should have stopped the game !! Not all cats are made for stayng inside,from the 4 I had (now they are two) there was one who couldn't stay inside only at the end of her life. The others also have to go out, except one, who mostly stays inside and only goes out when the weather is perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We send purrs that Mulberry Spot gets better soon. That is not comfy for a cat and is hard to keep the litter clean too. Angel Inky fell out the window and was stuck in a tree for almost 2 days until he was found and rescued. He slept for a full day too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...poor Mulberry. Hope he feels better soon. Healing Pawkisses especially for him💗
    We also come to bring you Extra Pawkisses for stopping by at my bloggie and bringing lovely Birthday wishes. Thank you sweet furriends🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete